Friday, June 8, 2012

From Frumpy to ?

Well I’ll let you decide.  But I’m pretty pleased.
This was my first attempt at “refashioning”.  It’s taking something you already own, or something used and sewing it into something that either fits better, or is more on trend.  Let’s just say I have three whole bins full of old clothes I hope to some day re-sew into things for myself or the kids.
I bought this black short sleeve blouse a year ago, and it was too big.  I should have returned it, but didn’t get around to it.  The skirt I have had for maybe 4 years, and I had worn it a couple of times, but it never quite looked right on me.
035
Now it’s turned into this.
005002
I’d say it’s just a little bit better!
035007
And just to keep it real.  Jesse makes fun of every single post I do when I have to model something.  I know I am not a model.  I don’t pretend to be.  I try to think of putting my body in weird angles like they say to do on top model, but again, I’m not a model.  It never turns out well, so maybe you too get a chuckle every time you see one of these posts.  Hey I’m okay if you laugh at me, at least we are laughing together!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what fabulous refashions. Very pretty. All you're missing is a pair o sexy high heels.
    Also, I think we all go through the 'I'm not a model' thing when we have to model our own work. But unlike kids clothing, it always looks better on us rather than a hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great! I know you are not a model, as I work with you, but I admire your courage to step out of the box and try it. I know how shy you can be, so I love that you do this stuff. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete