Thursday, May 17, 2012

Geometric Maxi Skirt

I follow 20 blogs, plus or minus.  Most are creative blogs that just make me feel like I should be doing so much more.  One day, is what I always think to myself.

A lot of times I will see contests, sew-a-longs, etc. and think how I really should do that.  And then next time I get back to the blog, they have already announced the winner, or the project is over.  Maybe next time.  A good example would be how I just made 3 new tops for myself, and funny it’s exactly one week after they had a contest for spring tops.  Now, I don’t really expect to win anything.  But hey, if you took the time to make it, why not throw yourself into the pool.  It can’t hurt.

Well this time I finally stepped up to the plate.  It is soon to be skirt week, and I made myself a skirt. 

001002

I had some leftover material from a sling I made for Oliver (and never used), I like the geometric print, but was worried a skirt in that print alone would be too loud.  And the plain blue would be too boring.  So I made up a pattern of my own and whipped this puppy out in two hours.  Which includes cutting and piecing it all together.  And amazingly enough, I even got the sides to line up.

Plus it’s husband approved…..and that doesn’t happen very often around here!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen! Love it! Can't find an e-mail address for you. Can you e-mail me at crafterhours@live.com? Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Maybe in a few years you could win Fashion Star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt is beauitful! Love the colors, love the shape and piecing.

    ReplyDelete